This week at the Bowl: Awards, Drag Racing, National Qualifier and Thrill Show Mayhem!!
Wednesday, September 17th 2014 – Wild 'n Wacky Wednesday Banquet. We honor the 2014 LC, BL, SX and XC teams on their accomplishments this season. Tickets still available for advanced discount purchase on Speedbowl.com until midnight tonight, also available at the door on the night of the event. Hospitality Tent Opens 5:15pm, Dinner 5:30pm, Awards 6:15pm, Music and Entertainment until 9:00pm.
Friday, September 19th – Sho & Go at the Bowl with Pro Tree Shootout. Spectator Drag Racing & Car Show rolled into one event to kick start your weekend featuring FREE GRANDSTAND ADMISSION!! Spectator Drag Racing: Competition Class, Street Class, Bike Class + Pro Tree Shootout (all classes). Car Show: Awards for Best In Show. Gates 6pm, action at 6:30pm. FREE CAR CRUISE ENTRY, $30 to race, helmet not required for Street Class.
Saturday, September 20th – NASCAR Whelen All-American Series racing plus INEX Legends National Qualifier. NASCAR Whelen All-American Series racing action 6 division excitement featuring Legend Cars 50 National Qualifier. SK Modifieds® 35, Bob Valenti Auto Mall Late Models 30, SK Light Modifieds 25, Street Stocks 25, Mini Stocks 25 plus INEX Legend Cars 50. UPDATED 9/15 at 8:00am: NEMA management has informed us the NEMA Lites are no longer able to participate in the event due to a conflicting USAC event several teams are committed to. Qualifying at 5:30pm, Features at 7pm.
Sunday, September 21st – Back to School Bash plus FIREWORKS!! Bus Bashing, Four Cylinder Enduro race, Ski Car race plus more thrills & spills followed by an awesome aerial fireworks display! Pits and Grandstands 3pm with thrills and spill starting on track at 5pm!!
Don't forget, this is happening next Sunday!
TUNE IN ALERT
Speedbowl is rained out but we are going LIVE from our Ledyard Studio at 1pm today with special guest host Rob Janovic Jr PLUS we talked with our Wild 'n Wacky Wednesday night Champions!! 1:06pm LIVE on the 949 News Now app or 94.9fm in the local market or online at Overdrive-Radio.com. Be part of the show and Tweet us using @Overdrive_Radio or call 860-464-9490.
Saturday, Sept 13th 11:45am – Due to all forecasts for 80% chance of rain again this weekend, tonight's NASCAR Whelen All-American Series program has been cancelled. We return with NASCAR action next Saturday highlighted by the Legend Cars National Qualifier!!
Congratulations to tonight's Sho & Go at the Bowl spectator drag racing winners. In the Street Class Adam Lewis earned his first career win. In the Competition Class Rebecca Taylor won her second win of the 2014 season for the class. In the Bike Class Jenna Barba once again stole the show. In the final Traffic Light Showdown of the season it was Rick Taylor with his 1986 Chevy Vega taking top honors. Only 2 weeks remain for Friday Night Sho & Go at the Bowl in 2014.
- SID'S VIEW (2014) - Duelin' Rooters
- A look back at the S...
- SID'S VIEW (2014) - Random Highlights June 21st
- A look back at 3 fea...
- SID'S VIEW (2014) - A Race to the Front
- A look back at the s...
- SID'S VIEW (2014) - Random Highlights June 14th
- A quick look at 5 su...
- Wednesday, September 17th 2014 Wild 'n Wacky Wednesday Banquet
- Friday, September 19th Sho & Go at the Bowl with Pro Tree Shootout
- Saturday, September 20th NASCAR Whelen All-American Series racing plus INEX Legends 50
- Sunday, September 21st Back to School Bash plus FIREWORKS
- Friday, September 26th Friday Night Finale with Double Eliminations
- Saturday 9/13 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series program cancelled to weather
- Wild ‘n Wacky Wednesday 9/10 Results
- Friday 9/12 Sho & Go at the Bowl Traffic Light Showdown Results
- Saturday 9/6 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series program cancelled to weather
- Friday 9/5 Sho & Go at the Bowl Import Night Results